David Luboff’s extraordinary legal skills have made the difference for many of his clients at Jaffe and Clemens, bringing them exceptional results both in trial and in settlement. A highly accomplished family lawyer with more than 30 years of experience, David is a diligent, insightful and persuasive advocate in both the trial courts and the appellate courts. Combining comprehensive knowledge of the law, outstanding skills as a legal writer and a creative approach to difficult legal issues, David often has been able to help his clients prevail against considerable odds.
David shares his firm’s approach to family law cases, always exploring possibilities of settlement before resorting to litigation. He often is able to devise win-win solutions that save his clients and their spouses years of costly and painful litigation. Whether he is drafting premarital agreements, postnuptial agreements or divorce settlement agreements, David brings precision and attention to detail which solve today’s disputes while striving to avoid problems in the future.
Included among “Southern California Super Lawyers” and “Best Lawyers in America,” and awarded Martindale-Hubbell’s highest “AV” rating, David enjoys a well-deserved reputation among his peers and judges for his superior legal acumen and uncompromising ethical standards.
David not only is certified as a specialist in family law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California, but for a decade he graded the examinations that were administered to attorneys seeking the coveted certification as a family law specialist.
Having devoted almost his entire career to family law, David has developed an appreciation and empathy for the unique challenges that each client faces, and he brings a combination of knowledge, skill and understanding that have helped many hundreds of clients to face their legal situation with confidence.
- William J. Lasarow, Presiding Bankruptcy Judge, Central District, California, 1978
- Southern California Super Lawyers – 2005-2006, 2010-2019
- Best Lawyers in America
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Member, Appellate Courts and Family Law section), State Bar of California
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
Admitted to Practice
- 1979, California
- 1980, U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- 1987, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Publications and Articles
- Co-Author, “Responding to Demands for Inspection of Documents,” Family Law News and Review, 1991
- Co-Author, chapter on “Domestic Torts,” Family Law Reference Book, Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law Section-Los Angeles Superior Court, 1991, revised editions, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
- Co-Author, “Attorney Certifications to Prenuptial and Marital Settlement Agreements May Waive the Attorney-Client and Work Product Privileges,”
- American Bar Association, Section on Family Law, 1991 Annual Meeting Compendium
- Author, chapter on “Recomputation of Alimony Payments,” California Continuing Education of the Bar, 1991
- Author, “Stock Options: The State of the Law in 1999,” appearing in “Presenting Complex Pension and Retirement Benefit Issues at Trial,” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, January 1999
- Author, “Characterizing and Apportioning Enhancements of Existing Rights in Retirement and Other Compensation Plans After In re Marriage of Lehman,” appearing in “Presenting Complex Pension and Retirement Benefit Issues at Trial,” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, January 1999
- Author, “The High Income Exception to Child Support Guidelines in California,” appearing in “Child Support Guidelines in High Income Cases: How Much Is Enough?,” ABA
- F.G. v. S.P. (2016) 4 Cal.App.5th 921
- Trimble v. Steinfeldt (1986) 178 Cal.App.3d 646
- Yates v. Pollock (1987) 194 Cal.App.3d 195, 239
- Kilroy v. Kilroy (1995) 35 Cal.App.4th 1141
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Pi Gamma Mu
- Member, Executive Board of Justices, UCLA Moot Court Honors Program, 1978-1979
- Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Municipal Court, 1984-1988
- Grader, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization Legal Specialist Examination, Family Law, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999 and 2001
- Listed in Southern California Super Lawyers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America