Over five decades and in a confidential setting, co-founding partner Daniel Jaffe has established himself as the sought-after attorney for high-profile celebrity and professional clients and their spouses with the most sensitive and complicated family law matters. His experience and success in and out of the courtroom have earned him the well-placed trust of many well known clients who seek his advice and skills when making critical, emotional and financial transitions in their lives. Dan combines a deep familiarity of the law with an innovative and discreet approach to achieve positive outcomes for his clients.
Dan’s talents have been recognized by satisfied clients as well as by his peers in the legal community who frequently ask him to speak or write educational pieces on family law topics. He has recently been a guest speaker for the California CPA Foundation on Cross Over Issues in Estate Planning and Family Law. He has spoken on and has also recently been published in the Los Angeles Daily Journal on foreign tax issues. Likewise, the State Bar of California has certified him as a specialist in family law and he has been recognized for legal excellence in the field of family law by a variety of authorities, including the California State Bar Journal, Town and Country Magazine, and the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
In addition, the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, an organization limited to the top 100 divorce lawyers in the U.S., has named him a Diplomate, which is one of the industry’s most distinguished honors.
He is also a member of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. The Best Lawyers in America named Dan the ‘Best Family Law Lawyer of the Year’ in 2009. He was named ‘Family Lawyer of the Year’ for 2014 by the Southern California Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Awards and Rankings
- National Law Journal Divorce, Tax, Trust and Estates Trailblazers, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, 1987- 2018
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2004-2018 (Top 100 in 2017 and 2018)
- Honoree, Beverly Hills Bar Association Family Law Section, Inaugural Class of Family Law Legends, 2016
- The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell,1993-2016
- Levitt & Quinn Outstanding Community Service Award, 2014
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Southern California Chapter, Family Law Person of the Year, 2014
- Los Angeles County Bar Spencer Brandeis Award, 2004
- Jaffe & Clemens Law Firm Zephyr M. Ramsey Award Honoree, 2003
- Town & Country Magazine, America’s Top Divorce Lawyers, 1998
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; Chairman of Divorce Taxation /Committee (1998); Member of Professionalism in the Practice Committee (1998- 1999); Counsel to President (1992)
- Diplomate, The American College of Family Trial Lawyers (Top 100 Family Law Trial Lawyers)
- Fellow, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Council (1991-1994), Taxation and Continuing Legal Education Executive Committees
- State Bar of California, – Family Law Section Executive Committee (1986-1989)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Chairman of Family Law Section (1976-1977)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Chairman of Family Law Section (1975-1976)
- Panelist, July 2017, AAML’s Northern California Chapter 41st Annual Symposium, “Exploring Complex Issues in Family Law.”
- Panelist, January 2017, AAML’s Southern California Chapter 24th Annual Trial Advocacy Institute, “S Corps: Keep Out of Jeopardy.”
- Speaker, May 2016, AICPA/AAML’s 2016 National Conference in New Orleans on Divorce, “Beware of Experts Bearing False Gifts.”
- Speaker, April 2016, Beverly Hills Bar Association’s Inaugural “Tips from the Legends” program.
- Speaker, March 2016, USC Gould Tax Institute “Tax for Divorcing Couples, Smart Tax Strategist for Domestic & International Divorce.”
- Speaker, February 2014, CalCPA Family Law Section, “Reasonable Compensation in Business Valuations.”
- Panelists, October 2013, Texas State Bar CLE, 18th Annual New Frontiers in Martial Property Law in NAPA, CA, “Offshore Asset Reporting.”
- Panelist, January 2013, AAML webinar, “Up Periscope, Get a Good Look at Offshore Income and High Asset Divorce Taxation.”
- Panelist, November 2012, AAML Annual Meeting in Chicago, “When Money Disappears Offshore – Divorce, Recovery and Your Terrifying Liability.”
- Panelist, June 2012, CalCPA 2012 Estate and Trust Conference in Los Angeles and San Francisco, “Collision of Family Law and Estate Planning.”
- Panelist, March 2012, ACFLS 20th Annual Spring Seminar in Rancho Mirage, CA, “When Money Disappears Offshore – Discovery and Recovery.”
- Panelist, January 2011, AAML Southern California Chapter, 18th Annual Trial Advocacy Institute, “Tax Vaccines – How to Immunize Your Clients form Income Tax Diseases.”